Keep it handy throughout the year so you’ll be prepared each week to place your trash and recyclable materials at the curb for collection by our Department of Public Works.
Trash collection is divided geographically. If you live east of I-95, follow Route A. If you live west of I-95, follow Route B.
Preparing and Placing Your Trash
- Place in the trash only those items that can spoil, such as food or disposable diapers.
- Close and tie trash bags and place them into heavy plastic or metal trash cans. Secure with watertight lids.
- Cans must be placed for pick-up before 4:00 a.m. on the day of collection but not before 6:00 p.m. on the day before collection.
- Cans must be removed no later than 6:00 p.m. on the day trash is collected.
- Each can and its contents must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Bush, tree trimmings, vines, ect. are limited to 4-foot lengths and must be tied in tight bundles.
Inclement Weather Note: From November 15th through March 15th, sanitation workers do not pick up in inclement weather. If service is canceled, and you were due for a pick up, it will be made the following day if weather permits. If you have questions, call (302) 576-3878.
Contact Clean Wilmington
Public Works Call Center