Links to Assistance Programs and Carbon Calculators
Delaware Energy Office
This site contains information on a wide range of energy issues, from winter heating tips to grants for renewable energy installation.
Sustainable Energy Utility – Energize Delaware Program
- ENERGY STAR® Appliance Rebates, providing “cash for clunkers” type incentives for homeowners to replace energy-gorging old appliances with updated high efficiency household appliances.
- Commercial/Industrial Lighting, which will include rebates for businesses installing high efficiency lighting.
- Renewable Energy Grants, which will include rebates for renewable energy sources located at home and business sites.
- Sustainable Communities Initiative, a community-level program to combine renewable energy and efficiency.
- Comprehensive Home Performance Initiative, providing a top-to-bottom approach to efficiency and clean energy sources in Delaware homes.
A service of DART First State dedicated to aiding commuters with finding and using alternative modes of transportation. The goal of the program is to reduce the number of single occupant vehicles (SOVs) traveling on Delaware’s roadways, thus improving our air quality. DART's RideShare Delaware offers:
- Free ridematching services for commuters working or living in Delaware as well as for parents of Delaware school students.
- A Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) benefit which is provided for registered commuters actively ridesharing to work
- Vanpool services and information
- Transportation benefit assistance to employers in Delaware
Personal Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Calculators
- US EPA Household Emissions Calculator
- Environmental Defense Calculate Your Personal Impact
- The Nature Conservancy Carbon Footprint Calculator
Contact Green City Wilmington
For information on Wilmington's greening efforts, email GreenCity@WilmingtonDE.gov