Green City Business Climate Pledge
The Wilmington Climate Pledge is a voluntary program sponsored by the City of Wilmington designed to help city businesses be more sustainable and to show a commitment to combating climate change.
Organizations signing the pledge agree to publish their carbon footprint and report on actions to reduce their environmental and public health impacts. This includes:
- Measuring and monitoring the carbon footprint from business activities.
- Mitigating the amount of carbon produced by increasing the efficiency and/or utilizing carbon free approaches to day to day operations.
- Maximizing the effectiveness of any offsets for unavoidable carbon emissions.
Pledge signatories gain the ability to advertise their company as environmentally responsible, including being listed on the Wilmington Climate Pledge website. The pledge helps companies establish a starting point for reducing energy use and waste, often one of the most effective ways for a company to save money and increase profitability.
How It Works
- Register your business by sending an email to GreenCity@WilmingtonDE.gov
- Download and sign the Green City Business Climate Pledge.
The chairperson/CEO/president/owner of your organization signs the pledge, the business completes the form, noting CO2 emissions, reduction targets and actions taken to achieve them, as well as offsets and sends the form electronically to GreenCity@WilmingtonDE.gov
- After we have received the completed reporting form and pledge, we will review the submittals and work with the business if any changes are necessary.
- Once accepted, we promote your commitment by listing your organization and publishing your reporting form here.
Climate Pledge Signatories
Contact Green City Wilmington
For information on Wilmington's greening efforts, email GreenCity@WilmingtonDE.gov